Title: Christ the King!
Title: A House of Prayer
Title: Going All In
1. In Matthew 6:21 Jesus tells us, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Where did the widow put her treasure in Mark 12:42-44? What does this reveal about what she found important and valuable? Where do you put your treasure? What does where you put your treasure reveal about what you find to be important and valuable?
2. Jesus tells us that the widow in today’s gospel reading “cast in all that she had, even all her living” (Mark 12:44). What does this tell us about the widow’s trust and dependence on God? How can you follow her example of trust in your own life?
3. The widow in today’s gospel doesn’t have much, but what she does have she gives to God. Likewise, Paul calls you in Romans 12:1 to offer yourself as a “living sacrifice” to God. How does this happen through faith in Christ? How does your faith constantly move you to give all that you are and all that you have to the Lord?
Title: We Shall See Him
1. In the Sermon the Mount Jesus turns the way we normally think of things upside down. For example, in Matthew 5:4 we hear Jesus say, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Do you typically feel blessed when mourning? How does Jesus' resurrection and His promise that we too shall live (John 11:25) provide you with comfort during times of grief?
2. When reading through those who are blessed in Matthew 5:1-12, one thing we discover is that Jesus also fits this description. For example, Jesus is meek, Jesus hungers and thirsts for righteousness, Jesus is pure in heart, etc. Can you think of a time in the Gospels when Jesus displayed each one of the characteristics mentioned in Mark 5:1-12? They are as follows:
Sunday Worship Services
Traditional Service 8 am
Contemporary Service 10:30 am
Adult Bible Class 9:15 am
Sunday School 9:45 am
Monday-Friday from 10am-2pm
Phone: (763) 689-4355
Location: 1155 Joy Circle Cambridge, MN 55008
View our Facebook Page